An Advertising Manager is responsible for managing your advertising campaigns and maximizing your campaign performance to achieve your business targets. With the ever-increasing complexity and competition on the Amazon Advertising Platform, it is tough to keep up with the DIY campaigns as a seller. Outsourcing PPC management to someone who is an expert on the latest features and best practices can give you an advantage over your competition.
A strong Advertising Manager can be a game-changer for your business. However, the biggest challenge lies in identifying the right person or agency. In our previous post, we covered the major red flags to avoid while outsourcing your PPC management. In this post, we’ll go through the different types of Amazon advertising managers you can find and how to sift through the pros and cons of each type of manager.
Option 1: The Independent Freelancer
The first option that you can seek is the independent freelance Advertising Manager to help you with your accounts. This type of support typically consists of one or a couple of people who freelance independently of a larger advertising agency.
- Can provide more personalized approach since your business can be a larger portion of their revenue.
- Are not set to more rigid campaign structures and could offer higher levels of experimentation.
- Can be cheaper than the other options
- Typically this type of support has limited tools and can miss out on the opportunity that more sophisticated systems and software could utilize.
- Can be difficult to find experienced support and may not achieve optimal end results.
Who the independent freelancer is good for?
Finding a lower-cost independent freelancer can be a great option for those just starting out or only selling a couple of products. In these cases, the benefits of using a more experienced agency may not outweigh the extra costs of using these services. This is a great approach to build up your advertising data and then once you’ve grown your ad sales to about $5k-$10k per month, you can invest in one of the other options below.
Where to find them?
The best option we see is to use the freelancer sites like Upwork, FreeeUp, and Freelancer. Other sources such as LinkedIn or Indeed can provide some good applicants but may take more time to sift through.
Option 2: Amazon PPC Software Company Offering Full Management
The second option includes companies that have built up tools to make it easier for you to personally manage your campaigns but also offer full campaign management at an additional cost. These companies typically allow you to use their dashboards for a lower charge (but you’d have to manage it yourself) or to pay an additional fee to have someone fully manage your campaigns for you on their platform.
- Typically they have well-developed dashboards that you can use to monitor your performance outside of Seller Central.
- Their tools can allow you to take advantage of some of the more complex aspects of Amazon Advertising and automate different parts of your ad campaigns.
- The Advertising Manager should already be vetted by these established companies.
- Typically much more expensive support for your campaigns since you’re paying for the platform and the Advertising Manager to get full campaign management separately.
- Can have a more rigid campaign structure since all capabilities need to fit within the existing platform’s software.
- Fees are typically variable (based on spend or sales). As you grow your business, you end up paying more for the same support over time.
Who the PPC software company is good for?
Those that want a very refined dashboard to make changes personally to their campaigns with or without the support of a dedicated account manager will enjoy this option. If you want full management, you will eventually have to sign up for their management service at an additional cost. Waiting until you have higher ad sales is recommended for full management since costs may be much higher than the benefits for lower volume sellers.
Where to find them?
Established options include Teikametrics, Seller Labs and PPC Scope for full management of your campaigns. Their main offerings include their self-service dashboards but they offer managed services for those seeking full campaign management.
Option 3: Full Service Agency
The third option includes full service agencies who offer a suite of services along with Amazon Advertising management support for their clients. These agencies tend to be much less focused on software development and more focused on personal management.
- Can utilize full account strategies which include your listings, product launches, SEO and advertising as a whole since they are managing it all.
- Are not set to more rigid campaigns structures and could offer higher levels of experimentation with items like advertising.
- The Advertising Manager should already be vetted by these established agencies.
- Potential to not get much of your Advertising Manager’s time if they have other larger accounts to manage.
- May miss out on benefits that those with sophisticated software can capture.
- Full-service agencies may lack detailed expertise in any one area such as advertising since their efforts are spread throughout the platform.
Who the full service agency is good for?
Those that want a single agency to manage all options within their Amazon account should consider this option. It is recommended for larger sellers due to higher fees and making sure you have a large enough account where you are getting adequate focus from your account manager.
Where to find them?
Which Category Does Ad Advance Belong To?
At Ad Advance, we’ve taken the approach to bridge the gap to get the benefits of both the Amazon PPC software providers and the full service agencies.
We’ve built our software systems from the ground up to support expert PPC management for your campaigns instead of trying to reconfigure a general dashboard after the fact.
This allows us to unlock the performance benefits of sophisticated software along with personalized and flexible account management. Since our software can automate a lot of the details, it frees up our time to work directly with you while being able to provide full account management at a great price. Our deep understanding on the Amazon algorithm and various PPC concepts paired with our dynamic platform is a guaranteed recipe to outsell your competition.
How Can We Help You?
We provide end-to-end Amazon PPC management including:
- Campaign Creation
- Dedicated Management
- Bid Optimization
- Keyword Research
- Performance Dashboards
- Weekly Reports
You no longer have to contemplate whether to chose a sophisticated PPC software or a dedicated Advertising Manager – we bring the best of both the worlds.
We’d be happy to provide a free consultation to give you an insight into the health of your current campaigns and walk you through our tools to come up with the right strategy for your business.